Use this guide to remove the gray plastic lower vent from your Xbox 360.
- Stand the console vertically with the bottom edge facing up.
- Throughout the following opening procedure, the finger of an Xbox 360 opening tool can be used in place of a spudger.
- Insert the flat end of a spudger or the edge of an Xbox 360 opening tool into the small gap at the front edge of the bottom vent.
- Pry the front edge of the bottom vent away from the faceplate.
- In the next few steps, you will use the tip of a spudger or the finger of an Xbox 360 opening tool to release the clips along the left and right sides of the bottom vent. Their locations are highlighted in red.
- You will insert the tool into the holes molded into the white plastic side case pieces.
- To release the clips, work from the front edge of the bottom vent.
- While slightly lifting the front edge of the bottom vent, use the tip of a spudger to push the clips closest to the front of the bottom vent towards the inside of the console.
Repeat the same process to release the two center clips on the bottom vent.
Use the tip of your spudger to release the clips on the bottom vent nearest the back of the Xbox.
Remove the bottom vent from the 360.
with 4 other contributors
1,946 Guides authored